In America today, the First Amendment is under attack like it has never before. With the advancements in technology with all the new platforms on the Internet and on cell phones has made it possible for average Americans to communicate directly with one another in ways that completely bypass the mainstream media, and this is making the elite very uncomfortable.
The elite have decided that they should come after our free speech before it is way too late. Right now, free speech in America is being chipped away in a thousand of different ways. On the one hand, you have the disciples of “political correctness” that want to make all forms of speech that are “offensive” to anyone against the law. On the other hand, you have those that are obsessed with “national security” that want to ban all speech that is critical of the U.S. government or the U.S. military. These twin forces are constantly seeking to push the First Amendment into a smaller and smaller box. If you say the wrong thing in America today, your website might be shut down, you could be suspended from school, you may find yourself out of a job and there is now even a possibility that you could be arrested and shipped off to Guantanamo Bay without a trial.
Usually those that are targeted for their speech are those that the “establishment” does not like. The ones that are included on this list would be ones of free thinkers, political activists, libertarians, true conservatives and Christians.
Instead of seeing the value in allowing everyone to say what they think, we are being taught in America today that there is speech that is “acceptable” and speech that is “not acceptable”. If we continue to allow this attack on the First Amendment, we may eventually wake up in a country where our freedom of speech is gone and long forgotten.
The Following is 10 examples on how the global elite are coming after our first amendment of free speech……
- Democrats on the Federal Elections Committee voted in unison to punish filmmaker Joel Gilbert for being critical of President Obama after he distributed for free his latest work, Dreams of My Real Father: A Story of Reds and Deception. In the filed FEC complaint it was claimed Gilbert violated reporting rules, prompting him to seek the standard media “exemption.” Check out the article from the Washington Examiner here.
- The First Amendment is especially under attack in our public schools. For example, one group of high school athletes was suspended for “Tebowing” in the hallways of their school.
- The U.S. government is now encouraging children to spy on their parents as part of the “war on terror”. If a school official hears that a parent has said the “wrong thing” at home, that parent could potentially get labeled as a “potential terrorist”.
- Down in Texas, the Department of Veteran Affairs actually tried to ban a prayer that includes the words “God” or “Jesus” during funeral services for veterans.
- Being able to engage in peaceful protests is one of the most important rights that the First Amendment protects. But in recent years that right has been under attack like never before.
- The FBI is now systematically recording Internet talk radio programs all over the United States. This is going to cause many Internet talk radio hosts to watch what they are saying. After all, who wants a visit from the FBI?
- In Wichita, Kansas, a Christian minister was handcuffed and hauled off to jail by police for sharing the gospel and handing out tracts to Muslims on a public sidewalk.
- On June 18, 2010 two Christians decided that they would peacefully pass out copies of the gospel of John on a public sidewalk outside a public Islamic festival in Dearborn, Michigan and within three minutes 8 police officers surrounded them and placed them under arrest.
- Members of the U.S. Congress have been banned from saying “Merry Christmas” in any piece of congressional mail that is paid for by U.S. tax dollars. Even if you do not celebrate that holiday, you should still be outraged at that infringement of free speech.
- Barack Obama recently signed a new law that officially designates the United States as part of the “battleground” on the war on terror. This new law allows the U.S. military to arrest American citizens if they are suspected of being “potential terrorists” and to detain them indefinitely without trial. So if the U.S. military comes and grabs your neighbor and ships him off to Guantanamo Bay, then this new law is probably to blame. This law is going to have a huge impact on free speech in America.
It is not enough for the elite that they control Wall Street, most of the big corporations and the U.S. government but they also want to control what we say and but also what we think. The elite want to shut all of us up and also to keep us from complaining about what they are doing.
We now live in a country where political correctness has gone way out of control and where bureaucrats are constantly trying to push our free speech into a smaller and smaller box. They are coming for free speech and what are you going to do about it? If you love your free speech and you love your freedom on the internet as it is now then you need to stand up and speak out against free speech censorship. If we do not respond to these constant attacks on the First Amendment, then eventually we are going to lose it for good.